William B. Magnarelli
William B. Magnarelli is of counsel to the firm and a member of the Real Estate & Land Use Practice Group. Bill has focused his practice on commercial law; real estate; land use; and municipal law.
Bill majored in history at Syracuse University, then went on to Syracuse University College of Law, graduating with honors in 1973. In 1974 he was admitted to the New York Bar and U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York. After law school, Bill entered the Army Reserves, in which he served for six years and rose to the rank of captain.
A member of the Justinian Society and Order of the Coif, Bill was Adjunct Professor of Law at Syracuse University Law School from 1988 to 1990. He was a member of the Board of Directors of the Arthritis Foundation, Central New York Chapter, from 1985 to 1990, of the Onondaga County Bar Foundation from 1990 to 1995, and was a member of the Ticor Title Guarantee Company Advisory Board for many years.
Bill served as a Syracuse Common Councilor from 1996 to 1998. In 1999, Bill was elected to the New York State Assembly, where he is serving his eighth term representing the 129th Assembly District.
- Business & Tax
- Real Estate & Land Use
- Syracuse University College of Law, J.D. (cum laude), 1973 Order of the Coif
- Syracuse University, B.A., 1970
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York State Assembly, 129th District (1999- ); Chair of Local Governments Committee; Member of committees on Education; Health; Economic Development; and Veteran Affairs